We are excited to announce that our CrossFit Kids program will be starting Tuesday, August 1st. Kids aged 5-12 are welcome to attend. Class will be 40 minutes in length and will be Tuesdays and Thursdays from 3:55 to 4:35 pm. This will afford the convenience to those parents that would normally be working out at the 4:15pm class. As the kids class concludes, they can either be picked up or may stay in the lounge area only if waiting for parent to finish their workout. The cost is $60/month per child. Families will receive a $15 discount for additional children.
The goal of CrossFit Kids is to lay the foundation for a healthy lifestyle while making fitness fun and engaging. The CrossFit Kids method is based on the principles of good mechanics, consistency, and then intensity. The program utilizes the foundational movements of CrossFit. Our Kids coaches for this program are Lisa Lindquist, Emily Morrison, and Julianne Stewart. They have had a passion to see this program become a reality and look forward to working with your children.
Your child’s safety is paramount to us, therefore please see the rules below that we must enforce as a CrossFit community:
- Walk your children inside the building to the dedicated Kids area and come inside to pick them up.
- Please sign your child in and out with the coach so we can ensure they are going home with the appropriate person.
- A waiver, signed by a parent or legal guardian, is required for each child before he or she is allowed to participate in a class.
- Ensure your child has a bottle of water with their name on it.
- Ensure your children are wearing shoes and clothes appropriate for running, jumping, rolling, pulling, swinging, climbing, crawling, throwing, and being upside down.
- If you choose to stay and watch the class, please do not coach your child.
- Disciplinary issues: first warning: free of consequence, second warning: sit out the first 2 minutes of the game, third warning: go to the parent.
- Please make the coach aware of any special needs for your child that may facilitate their individual safety, learning, and growth. (i.e., medications, illness, physical/mental limitations, or injury)
Our first priority at CrossFit 406 is the safety of those who come into the gym. We continually strive to create a gym that reduces the risk of injury by providing a clean space with quality coaching. We welcome your children in the gym. However, in order to ensure our members’ safety, there are some basic rules we need your help to implement.
- Your child is welcome to be in the lounge while the parent is working out. Ultimately, it is the parent’s responsibility to ensure their child’s safety during the class including escorting them to the bathroom.
- Parents are responsible for cleaning up after their children. Please do NOT let your children use the dry erase markers or write on the whiteboards in the gym.
- NO children on any of the equipment during class time. Exceptions are CrossFit Kids class or under direct supervision of a coach.